Understanding AidStream’s publishing workflow will help you get better acquainted with the system. It will help your process of data publishing be smoother and efficient.
To be able to publish an activity to the IATI Registry, the first thing you need to do is to ensure that all the required elements are filled in. Following is the way to go to ensure you are able to publish your data on AidStream as well as the registry:
- Fill in the Publisher ID and API Token in AidStream’s Publishing Settings.
- Complete all required fields in your activity. These elements are mandatory fields required by IATI:
- Participating Organisation
- Activity Status
- Activity Date
- Recipient Region or Recipient Country
After the required elements have been filled:
1. Mark the activity as complete by clicking on the ‘Mark as Completed’ button.
2. The activity will move from Draft stage to Complete stage. You can still make changes in the Complete stage. You can review the activity once more to make sure there are no errors. Then, you can click on the ‘Mark as Verified’ button to move on to the next stage.
3. After the activity will move on to the Verified stage, one final click will remain for the activity to publish on IATI. The ‘Published’ button will be visible.
4. Finally the activity can be published with the click of ‘Publish’ button. A pop-up box will appear for confirmation. Click on ‘Yes’ to proceed.
5. After you click on ‘Yes’, a ‘Published’ tag with IATI’s logo will appear on the activity.